Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 2 Days
This electrical crane maintenance training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
O'Neal SteelHouston Robert P.
Very thorough in Power Point Presentations
Keystone Steel & Wire Sandy K.
This was a great course with an excellent instructor. I learned more than I had hoped
Los Alamos Paul S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Everything was presented well.
Marathon Oil Don D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructor's examples and
Quality ElectricSteel Casting Conley W.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Crane safety points.
Crane Training on Electrical Maintenance
This crane maintenance training course is offered in various cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of AC crane controls including AC full magnetic and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical crane maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot control components
- Understand how the plugging, overload and travel limit protection circuits operate individually and in combination
- Perform brake electrical inspections, tests, adjustments and trouble shooting
- Perform electrical inspections
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance procedures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMs Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility